Thursday, April 12, 2012

Poetry Freebie

In celebration of National Poetry Month I've created a freebie for you. Students will read an abridged version of Jack Prelutsky's poem "Bugs! Bugs!". Then they will choose a subject they want to write about. They will need to use several adjectives to create their poem. Have them use the adjective graphic organizer to brainstorm some.
Finally, they will use the guide and template to write their poem. Click the pictures or {HERE} for your free copy. Enjoy!

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I bet the kids love that poem....bugs are always a hit!

    ~Stephanie
    Teaching in Room 6

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the kids love bugs, and I do, too.

      Selina

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful resource, I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea for Poetry Month, as well as a good review of their nouns and adjectives...even in third grade they struggle with these! Thanks!

      Delete
    2. Yay! I'm so glad you can use this. I think I should have made it black and white:( If you find the green is terrible for copying, let me know, and I will fix it.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm following you, too.

      Selina

      Delete