Sunday, March 18, 2012

Video Game Maker for Vocab Practice

My students love to use the video game maker from Cool Tools.  This is perfect for reviewing vocabulary words, but it would work for any kind of test prep.  Once students have created their game, other students may play it. I use it primarily for math vocabulary practice. I have created a step by step guide to help students create their video game. Click {HERE} or the picture for your free copy. When I assign this tech task, I put the words I want them to practice on my website and have them copy/paste into the game generator. (Copy/Paste is a technology skill I'm required to teach.) I assign one technology task a week to my students, and this is one of their favorites. Enjoy!
This week is Spring Break for me. YAY!!! My husband has taken off all week to be with me and our girls. I'm so excited! I'm taking some time away from my computer to spend some quality time with my family. I'll be back next week. You guys are so awesome, and I really appreciate all the thoughtful comments. If you have time check out my friend Stephanie's blog, Teaching in Room 6. It is really AMAZING!!! Her latest post is about Calendar Math and she has a video to help you get started. Check it out! See you next week! And as always, good luck as you continue to create magic in your classroom!


11 comments:

  1. Wow! This is a great tool for the kids. They will LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! I have never heard of this before.

    (and thank you so much for the shout out...that was very sweet of you :) )

    ~Stephanie
    Teaching in Room 6

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like fun! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marcia! I hope your students enjoy it as much as mine did.

      Selina

      Delete
  3. GREAT idea! My students will love this! I've had the "privilege" of my classroom being turned into a computer lab this year, so my students each have their own desktop computer to work on. SO...I'm constantly trying to reinvent my lessons to accomodate! Could you go into more detail about you assigning a "technology task" per week? I would SO appreciate it! Also, our state is going to be using the PARCC assessments in the near future, so I'm looking more authentic, internet-based research projects. Do you happen to have any ideas? THANKS!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's my email: selinasmith479@gmail.com If you will send me your email address, I will send you some of my tech task lessons. I use Google Docs for most of my lessons because it's free and collaborative. Our librarian set all the students in our district up with a Google account using fake emails, so I'm not entirely sure how you would go about setting up your class. If your state is moving toward Common Core you will really want to use Google Docs because it covers the collaborative standards. We also take pre and post technology assessment. The test is extremely hard but looks a lot like the computerized Common Core assessment.

      Delete
  4. wah saya kira software game maker ternyata bukan

    kunjungi
    http://langkahawalberbisnisonline.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love the content of the post. .. thanks a lot for showing it to me. ..
    vapor recovery tower

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's really a great adventure game. Kids will enjoy playing this game. There are no viruses, malware, or in-game ads. Here all you will find is hours of intense gaming excitement. Thanks.

    Best Free Games Download

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so horny
    Anyone up for some hot sex
    I love Sex

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wasn’t really expecting anybody to have the answer, but someone usually did and I’d say ‘Oh, https://www.facebook.com/CSGOBettingTracker

    ReplyDelete